Tuesday, February 26, 2013
It's almost midnight and I am staring at my partially empty room, 3 boxes packed, sealed, labelled and more than ready to be picked up by the courier tomorrow and shipped to Hong Kong.
There is a last, partially empty box.
I have nothing left to pack, but somehow there is a reluctance to finish the act, hammer the nail into the coffin... yes you get the idea. I've even put the label on the box, but just couldn't bring myself to commit to the last act of finality - no, not just yet.
The inventory is essentially a catalogue of my wardrobe, alphabetised to inject some order into the haphazard manner in which I threw things into the boxes - bathrobe (1), clutch bag (2), dress (4), evening jacket (2), necklace (3), work shirt (6)...
I've started packing 4 days ago, gone through my room 3 times, ran though in my head the things I needed to bring and the things I could buy easily hundreds of times. But I am convinced that the moment the boxes are gone I'll think of something blindingly obvious and blindingly big that I can't fit into my suitcase that should have been put in as well...
My life, for example.
..signing off..
2 dropped by