the narrator

I am only a little melancholic, a little bit sick of the world, but isn’t everyone like this?

If you feel that I am unfamiliar in a crowd, do not be surprised, that is not the real me

I am still the person you know from before.

by Jimmy Liao

the story

June 2004
August 2004
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
April 2007
May 2007
August 2007
September 2007
January 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
May 2012
June 2012
August 2012
September 2012
October 2012
November 2012
January 2013
February 2013
March 2013
May 2013
June 2013
July 2013
August 2013
January 2014
February 2014
June 2014
September 2014
January 2015
April 2015
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016

the creator

blogger
blogskins
brushes: x
lyrics: big city life by mattafix
#id10tdoc;

Monday, September 03, 2012

Regent's Park

Bank holiday weekend has come and gone, and with my usual foresight, I've failed to plan a holiday. Which means another long weekend spent in good ol' London. 

In the sun.
At the park.
With a book.
And ice-cold cider (7.5% - I've never had cider that strong...).


Fell asleep on the grass (blame the cider...) and promptly got up covered in a sprinkling of ... pigeon feathers. SERIOUSLY WHAT THE FRIGGIN' HELL HAPPENED WHILE I WAS ASLEEP?! Did a bird crawl over me and molt? Did some bird fight happen overhead?? Did someone terrorise a bird and scatter its feathers all over me??? (!) 



Whatever it is, I. Do. NOT. Want. To. Know.



Little Venice.

De-constructed birds aside, the good weather continued, so I went for a wander around Regents canal and ended up at a little riverboat cafe. The tea was thoroughly enjoyable, with lots of random old people strolling by with dogs and babies and whatnot, although I do find the entire canal being ... green... slightly disconcerting.

Green canal.


After a very lazy afternoon at the park and canal, I had the brilliant idea of destroying the peace and tranquillity of the entire weekend by attending the Notting Hill Carnival the next morning. The biggest street party in Europe, apparently, attended by over a million people this year.

Yup, that's right.

ONE MILLION people + + . Crammed into the very genteel and very by-no-means-large suburb of Notting Hill. With bongos, face paint, feathers and outrageous costumes; insanely loud and thumping music of all description; unlimited booze and semi-naked men and women shaking their wares for all they're worth. 

Our party lasted all of 2 and a half hours before calling it quits and wandered off in search of a pub. For purposes of crowd control, all the nearby tube stations were conveniently closed, so we had to navigate through all of Hyde Park (and yes you all know how friggin' big it is) and endured a period of confusion in the pub-less embassy suburbia of Fitzrovia (filled with tall Georgian-imitation mansions occupied by embassies, pavements lined with trees, not a single pedestrian in sight and of course...  not a single pub) before falling into a vaguely respectable establishment near Paddington train station and drowning ourselves in beer. 

Good weekend all in all, but somehow I just wish I had stayed in the park. 

..signing off..

2 dropped by