Tuesday, September 04, 2012
Mystery invitation
Something strange came in the post today: a free ticket to a fashion party in Bloomsbury next weekend.
According to the invitation, this 'complimentary ticket' was offered to me because I am a 'loyal customer of Bourne & Hollingsworth'.
As these things generally go, I've never even heard of Bourne & Hollingsworth and have absolutely no idea why they would think I am a loyal customer of theirs. Unless someone has been fraudulently buying things with my credit card (which, incidentally, I do not have), I simply cannot account for it.
After Emma and I stared at it for about 20 minutes, I was quite convinced that it was a random scam where they spam people with promises of free things, but a google search reveals that the party is legit and as my eminently wise house mate pointed out, I am not registered as the legal owner of my flat so the only way they could get both my name and address is if I had signed up for something and/or bought something of theirs (which I must have done in a fit of unconsciousness because I definitely have zero recollection of it).
That, or a third party leaked my personal information illegally.
With the whiff of scandal in the air, I have half a mind to go check out the party (hey it's free!), but the dresscode manages to be so cryptic that I have no idea what I'm supposed to wear:
Dresscode: 'Fashions fade, style is eternal' YSL
What...?
..signing off..
0 dropped by