the narrator

I am only a little melancholic, a little bit sick of the world, but isn’t everyone like this?

If you feel that I am unfamiliar in a crowd, do not be surprised, that is not the real me

I am still the person you know from before.

by Jimmy Liao

the story

June 2004
August 2004
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
April 2007
May 2007
August 2007
September 2007
January 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
May 2012
June 2012
August 2012
September 2012
October 2012
November 2012
January 2013
February 2013
March 2013
May 2013
June 2013
July 2013
August 2013
January 2014
February 2014
June 2014
September 2014
January 2015
April 2015
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016

the creator

blogger
blogskins
brushes: x
lyrics: big city life by mattafix
#id10tdoc;

Monday, December 19, 2011


View from my favourite cafe (I swear this really is my favourite-est of them all) in London. Overlooking a canal and the Olympic Stadium.
I truly dread the day when tourists will look across from the stadium and discover this place.

Sometimes I get lost in days - days that seem so alike, they roll into each other.

It's easy to lose track of hours at work, especially when the task at hand is interesting. I look up once and it's 1 o'clock. I look up again, it's 6 in the evening. No wonder I'm thirsty.

It's easy to lose track of days when I'm busy. One moment I'm struggling to get out of bed for work on Monday, the next, it's Sunday evening and I'm shaking off the pre-Monday blues. Whatever happened to whatever happened in between?

It's less easy to lose track of months, but I realised that I've managed even that when Christmas is around the corner and I have yet to send out my Christmas cards.


Had to laugh when I saw this tweet:

"Stop saying “11/11/11″ only happens once in a lifetime. EVERY date only happens once in a lifetime. That’s how time works."

— Mike Drucker (@MikeDrucker) November 11, 2011

I really must remember though, when the week seems to roll into one long day, to experience each day as if it's Christmas, as if it's the first day of the new year, as if it's my birthday, as if I'm moving to a new city, as if I'm graduating, as if I've just gotten a new job, as if I've just quit my job, as if I'm just about to embark on a long holiday, as if I've just returned home from a tiring journey, as if I'm just about to start a new life, as if tomorrow will be my last.

If every day only happens once, then I've really only got 24 hours to make it special. Why let it remain mediocre? But then again, just because it will never happen again, do I really need to force some meaning onto everything?

The transitory nature of being, the non-existence of return; it's both the gift and the curse of time. It's as heavy and as light as we choose to make it.

"That's how time works."

..signing off..

1 dropped by