Monday, July 18, 2011

Emirates night lights -
I love flying.
Up in the air, mid-flight, all thoughts of time and distance are temporarily suspended. The questions of who I am, where I come from, where I am going are no longer important because, frankly, who cares?
You get told what to eat and when to eat, where to sit and where to delineate your personal space; where to go and when to arrive has already been decided in advance. It is completely out of your hands.
A few hours entirely to yourself - to think, to relax. You don't have to make conversation, you don't have to worry about your appearance, you don't need an excuse to stare into space and dream, and the real world can wait. What more can you ask for?
Emirates happens to be one of my favourite airlines. Not only do they allow 30kgs of baggage onboard, but the cabin is fitted with night lights that simulate the stars. And when the lights are dimmed, it's like looking up into a pretty canopy of twilight.
The flight back to Singapore was mostly empty and quiet. So when the artificial night came, I sprawled myself across all 3 seats, head propped on cushions, and looked up at the "sky" with Dead Letter Circus on full blast and on repeat.
Definitely one of the best few hours of my life.
Dead Letter Circus:
I have a voice-crush on the vocalist; he sounds EPIC and the songs are cathartic.
..signing off..
2 dropped by