
Toward happiness? Yes we can.
People growing old, getting sick, passing on.
I'm trying to get used to it.
Sometimes I'd just like to shut my eyes, cover my ears, and block out all the bits of unfortunate news. But I doubt that I'd be happier living in ignorance. The chance to think and reflect, to cry, to mourn... without that I don't think I would be as aware of life, or the simple fact of living.
So many of us have whims and fancies, but do not recognise what we truly want. So many of us have temporary goals, but no plans for life.
I don't know what I want.
I don't know what I should do.
I don't know how to keep going on.
Well, I bloody damn well know what I want.
I want to be happy.
I want to be happy and be able to make other people happy.
And I know you do too.
Set that as your goal and try to live it.
Be worried, be confused, be shocked, be hurt; laugh and cry and smash things around.
Do what you need to do.
I don't really care what path you choose,
As long as it leads to happiness, for all of us.
NOTE: Angst attributed to news of the death of Isshi, vocalist of Japanese band Kagrra, aged 32. He had one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard. It used to calm me down, but now I can't even listen to this song without tearing up:
http://www.jpopasia.com/play/3172/kagrra/shizuku.html