the narrator

I am only a little melancholic, a little bit sick of the world, but isn’t everyone like this?

If you feel that I am unfamiliar in a crowd, do not be surprised, that is not the real me

I am still the person you know from before.

by Jimmy Liao

the story

June 2004
August 2004
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
April 2007
May 2007
August 2007
September 2007
January 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
May 2012
June 2012
August 2012
September 2012
October 2012
November 2012
January 2013
February 2013
March 2013
May 2013
June 2013
July 2013
August 2013
January 2014
February 2014
June 2014
September 2014
January 2015
April 2015
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016

the creator

blogger
blogskins
brushes: x
lyrics: big city life by mattafix
#id10tdoc;

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

So angry my stomach hurts.

I guess I don't have much experience dealing with unreasonable / downright hostile people, so it always comes as a shock that there are people out there willing to be unpleasant for no sensible reason.

Am involved in negotiations as part of my "fake work", and from the start I felt like I've been bulldozed over by the "lawyer" on the other side. We agreed for her clients to pay mine $3,000.00 to settle a claim, but unfortunately, I got my instructions mixed up and have no actual authority to accept that amount (too low).

Other people in my group had the same problem, but all of their parties agreed to re-negotiate and pay out a higher amount. EXCEPT MINE.


A catalogue of her reasons:

1. "We've already signed the Terms of Settlement."
Yes, we were the ONLY ones who signed because she told me she was going to be away next week and is pressed for time, so I spent an hour on Monday night typing out the 3-page document so we could sign it immediately after negotiations. If I had been lazy and just waited a day or 2, she wouldn't have anything to go on! Friends, behold the benefits of being lazy!

2. "I asked a 'litigation expert' and he said the Terms are valid, so I don't see why I have to go back on it."
Yes, sure, it's valid from YOUR point of view but I have NO BLOODY AUTHORITY TO SIGN so where does that leave me you selfish person?

3. "I don't have time to redo it again."
*Deep breath* The ONLY thing that has to be changed is the actual figure on the settlement. I'd like to know exactly how long it takes to change "$3,000.00" to "$5,600.00". Besides, if you have time to go and consult a "litigation expert", HOW COME you don't have those measly seconds to retype those figures?

4. "I don't have instructions from my client to settle for that amount."
Amazing that she can say that with a straight face when EVERYONE in her group is settling for that amount - including her instructor, who negotiated with my friend. One person in my group managed to negotiate a settlement for $15,000.00, but kindly agreed to reduce it to $5,600.00 upon request because she didn't want to cause trouble for the other side. If only my person would be so courteous...

5. "If I do it again, I might not get it done in time and I'll get marks taken off."
First, it's another 24 hours till the file is due (a few seconds to change the figures would suffice). Second, I get the sense that it's not okay for YOU to get marks taken off but it's somehow okay for ME to get marks taken off or even fail my file because I can't close my file without your bloody cooperation thank you very much.


Whew~~~

I wish I could videotape my expression while talking to her... it'd make good entertainment.

But in the meantime, wish me luck (I really need it) so that I can close my file and submit it without any additional drama!

*wishful thinking*



..signing off..

4 dropped by