Saturday, February 19, 2011
Heard from my balcony, typed in real time while getting stitches from holding in the laughter:
Guy (learning over balcony and yelling on top of his voice): "EXCUSE ME! HEY! Are you going out tonight?" (me: *ears perking up, thinking - oh this is going to be good!*)
Woman (from balcony below): "Ey?"
Guy: "Excuse me, I don't mean to bother you, but are you going out tonight?"
Woman: "Huh?"
Guy: "No? Are you going out tonight?"
Woman: "Err...?"
Guy: "What about your friend? Is she going out tonight?" (oh oh, I see where THIS is going...)
Woman: "What?!"
Guy: "Is she going out tonight?" (uh-huh, Mr. I'm-SO-subtle)
Woman: "... (still clueless)..."
Guy: "Here, take this ...*throws something*."
Woman: "!"
Guy: "This is for your friend."
Woman: "?"
Guy: "This is from me, a note, for your friend."
Woman: "Actually, she's my daughter." (AHAHHAHAHA I'm dying, I'm dying..)
Guy: "Oh I see, Wow."
Woman: *laughs*
Guy: "Sorry to put you on the spot... But she's really beautiful." (Dear Guy, HOW can you still continue like that after finding out she's her MOM?!)
Woman: "... ..."
Guy: "What's her name?"
Woman: "Ummm.. she's got a boyfriend." (haha..take that!)
Guy: "Oh nevermind then, throw that [the note] away."
Woman: "What?"
Guy: "Throw it away.... Nevermind."
(pause)
Guy: "So where're you from?"
Woman: "Queensland."
Guy: "So did you get flooded?" (aha, what's with this abrupt change of subject?!)
Woman: "No no..."
Guy: "Did you get the sandbags out?" (Guy, you're just rambling now, please stop.)
Woman: "Look, I'd better go."
Guy: "You have a good night ma'am, take care."
(1 minute later...)
Guy: "Did we make your night?" (excuse me, WHY are you still talking...?)
Woman: "(weakly) Haha."
Guy: "It's a good effort, wasn't it? My name's Will." (is this really something to be proud of, Will?)
(silence)
Guy: "Aren't you proud?"
Woman: "Huh?"
Guy: "You've got such a beautiful daughter, aren't you proud?" (REALLY? This is what you say to the mom of a girl you've got the hots for?)
Woman: "....."
Guy: "Is your daughter yelling at you?"
Woman: "No idea."
Guy: "What's a deer with no eyes?"
Woman: "HUH?"
Guy: "What's a deer with no eyes? .... No eye deer!" (WTF KILL ME NOW)
Woman: "...."
Guy: "Sorry, what's your name?"
Woman: "Mom." (HAHA)
Guy: "Have a good night, mom!"
Just when I thought that was enough farce for the night, OH WAIT it gets better...
Guy: "Hey!"
Woman: "Hi *giggles*" (yes, you guessed right, it's the DAUGHTER this time)
Guy: "You going out tonight?"
Woman: "Yeah, just about to."
Guy: "You're really beautiful."
Guy's frined: "Yeah, I spotted you first." (oh Iam I ever so GRATEFUL for your brilliant and wonderful eyesight)
Guy: "Yeah, he was like, look at her, and I was like, where?"
Woman: *giggles*
Guy: "Oh you're going? Bye!"
Woman: *giggling* "Bye!"
(a few minutes later...)
Same Guy (yelling on top of his voice) "What's going on MOTHERFUCKER!" (WHAT EXACTLY am I supposed to be thinking here?)
This is when I decided that I've had enough and put on my headphones at full blast. So, my dear friends, you are spared (thankfully) the rest of the mind-boggling conversation that THE WHOLE BUILDING MUST HAVE HEARD one muggy Saturday night in Melbourne.
..signing off..
1 dropped by