Sunday, November 21, 2010

My Contemplative ROCKSTAR Pose
Listening to 'A Moth Under the Skin' by the GazettE as I type this - (literally) about a moth which became a butterfly after changing its appearance; (metaphorically) about people who had plastic surgery and later forgot who they once were.
It was Jia's alter-ego themed party today. It was interesting how quickly (and accurately) we came up with our alter-egos:
Sue-Anne: *EMO KID*
Carol: *SPY*
Tiff: *SINGER*
Jia: *MERMAID*
Shu: *ROCKSTAR!*
Yvonne: .... (we'll let you off this time)
It was so much fun getting ready and dressing up;
It was so much fun getting into and playing our roles;
It was so much fun being the 'alter me' and seeing the 'alter others';
It was so much fun that I wonder...
Why am I NOT my alter-ego when it feels so ... me?
(Now somebody tell me what kind of new-fangled existential crisis is this
when I feel more comfortable being who I am pretending to be rather than who I am meant to be?)
Maybe from tomorrow onwards, I shall be
ROCKSTAR SHU.
yoroshiku onegaishimasu
..signing off..
3 dropped by