With mixed feelings I say goodbye to my last day as a student at Melbourne university.
No more classes.
No more giggly gossip over adorable lecturers.
No more strategising over which classes to miss / attend / enrol in.
No more coffee catch-ups at random hours of the day.
No more wondering about what the 'real world' is like.
No more dashing around campus trying to make it to class on time.
No more lazing on the grass with music and sun and beer, surrounded by laughter and conversation of the young and hopeful.
No more sitting in a large lecture theatre with head cocked and pen poised, looking studious.
No more opportunities of thumbing nose at Monash University.
No more wandering through the university at dark after class on the way to the pub.
No more trying not to fall asleep in class.
No more excuses to be poor.
生命中,不断地有人离开或进入。
于是,看见的,看不见了;记住的,遗忘了。
生命中,不断地有得到和失落。
于是,看不见的,看见了;遗忘的,记住了。
然而,看不见的,是不是就等于不存在?
记住的,是不是永远不会消失?
By the excellent Jimmy Liao:
[not-so-excellent translation by me]
In life, there is always people coming and people leaving.
And so, what I used to see, I no longer see; what I used to remember, I've forgotten.
In life, there is always a sense of gain and a sense of loss.
And so, what I could not see, I saw; what I've forgotten, I remembered.
But if I cannot see - does it mean it doesn't exist?
And if I remember - does it mean it will never disappear?