I wonder whether it is a sign of things starting to go wrong when I start tasting
(I kid you not, that's what lunch tasted like today.)
I wonder what forces of the universe have combined to produce a lecturer who, without so much as batting an eyelid, says things like "something that is not communicable is something that is ineffable... things ineffable, things that can't be 'effed'..." right in the middle of a supposedly boring law class?
(Here's a toast to you!)
I wonder whether the world has gone crazy when you have people trapped above AND below ground, and everywhere else there are little people living in big houses and big people living in little houses, and people telling other people that they don't belong, when they have nowhere else to belong to.
(It makes me sad, and very angry, very mad.)
I wonder about the people who can live patiently with uncertainty, and yet don't even have time for what they know for certain that they're supposed to be doing, right here, right now.
(Ok ok, maybe I'm the only one who finds this frustrating.)
I wonder how it is that someone on the far ends of the earth, someone I've never even met, could understand exactly how I feel and articulate it more beautifully than I can when some of those around me don't even notice when I'm s-p-e-l-l-i-n-g out my thoughts.
(Don't worry, if you're reading this, it's not you.)
I wonder how it is that I can co-exist in the same room so peacefully with a plant that craves sunshine and droops unhappily when it howls with wind and rain outside, and yet I'm completely the opposite and unabashedly so.
(Plant...Amy... you know, you both are the same, really. :P)
I wonder why everything is so full of little contradictions and ironies just begging to be noticed, and yet somehow we still manage to waltz pass uncomprehendingly, so oblivious, so blind.