I've always known how my mood fluctuates with the weather, but I've never felt it so acutely until today.
Time: 11 May, morning
Place: on my way to law building
Weather: bloody sunny, sun in face
It was difficult to roll out of bed this morning. Especially since the first thing I noticed when I opened my eyes was how sunny it was outside :(
Dragged self out of door, and walked to class while trying to get the blinking sun out of my face. It finally dawned on me that the way I was walking faces the East, which means, HELLO SUN.
In front of me are 2 girls, university students. Their conversation consists of a series of shrieks which went like this:
Girl 1: "OH MY GOD! [deep breath] OH MY GOD!! OH MY GOD!!! OH MY GAAAAAAWD!!!!"
Girl 2: indistinct murmur...
Girl 1: "Yeah, like OH... MY....GOD!"
Girl 2: more indistinct murmur....
Girl 1: "Uh-huh, and yeah.... [blah blah]"
Girl 2: "WOW" (me thinking: shit, here we go. and sure enough....) "OH MY GOD!"
Can I punch them, pretty please?
Time: 11 May, afternoon
Place: on my way to ERC, intersection at Grattan St
Weather: chilly, antarctic wind
Just had a long day, and I was exhausted. Had to go to the ERC to return some DVDs I had borrowed.
I was at the traffic lights at Grattan St, waiting for the impossibly long red light to change to green. There were a couple of smartly dressed people standing directly opposite me on the other side of the intersection.
A cold breeze blew.
Suddenly, I felt insanely happy. I had this urge to rush across the street, grab someone on the shoulders, and yell "HEY, aren't you glad you're alive???!!! Isn't it amazing that out of all the things that could've happened, all the accidents and what-ifs and what-nots, you're still standing here in front of me, waiting to cross the road, and you're still ALIVE???!"
Ok, you can punch me now.