
Riiiiiiiiiiight.
Okay, so maybe I'm not talking about this particular 'intuition', but the sort of intuition which makes you go 'Ding! Ah-ha, I knew I was right, I just ... KNEW.'
The sort of thing that my small, affably bald lecturer for Advocacy, ex-Judge and barrister extraordinaire, patient teacher to us tender little lawyer-wannabes, scoffed at in class this Wednesday.
"Intuition? [insert imaginary *pfffft*] I don't believe in that sort of thing, as people understand it. Intuition is just the perceptions of the mind working subconsciously."
And then I was going... 'Ding! Ah-ha, I got it... I think....'
I used to think I have to WORSE possible intuition in the world, something that becomes painfully apparent whenever I find myself lost somewhere in the world, with absolutely no idea where my clueless little feet are supposed to take me.
So, I usually just strike out in one direction, and hope for the best.
It's just too bad that my direction ALWAYS, and I do mean ALWAYS, turns out to be the wrong one. Lesson learnt: Of all the possible paths available, do NOT take the way that Shu chooses.
I used to blame it on intuition.
Now I just blame it on my subconscious mind.
Because without the past experience of 'picking the right way' to guide me, I do not have enough information to work out which way I should be taking.
Yeah, take that, intuition.