Wednesday, November 11, 2009
A pot of mussels with white wine sauce, roast pork belly with apple jam (?), and 3 types of European beers at the Belgian Beer Cafe with SA and Yvonne one lazy (hot) afternoon, shamelessly procrastinating from exam preparation / work - and life in general.
10 things I like about summer1. Clothes dry A LOT faster.
<- yes, for some reason this makes me happy. so?2. I require A LOT less food to remain alive.
<- yay???3. I start bonding with a
pitifully few people around me who cannot abide the heat, almost as much as I do.
<- is not a valid reason?4. I am more certain of what to wear when I leave the house. No more excessive, decorative layering. G
oodbye my beautiful hats, scarves, gloves, boots...
<- what's with the mournful tone?5. It's a signal that long holidays are just around the corner (
if only I can make these damn exams disappear first).
6. People seem to be having birthdays (and parties) every second day.
7. I get tanned in weird and wonderful places.
<- what???8. I have an entirely defensible excuse to be grumpy/irritable/tired/lethargic/sluggish/spaced-out/insane.
<- in process of reconsidering change of name of this list to '10 things I HATE about summer.'9. The world becomes more colourful.
<- desperately trying to stay optimistic.10.
The crazy people around me are happier - scratch that, more like practically jumping around and dancing in joy releasing random 'whoopies' into the air.
Alright. Of the 10, perhaps only the last reason makes me the TINIEST bit glad that whether I like it or not,
summer is here to stay.
(Having said this, I would like to gladly announce that I will be in sub-zero Beijing in less than a month's time..mwahahahaha).
..signing off..
2 dropped by