blogger
blogskins
brushes: x
lyrics: big city life by mattafix #id10tdoc;
Monday, September 14, 2009
It's scary when I log on to Facebook and the 'feed' tells me that several of my schoolmates are getting engaged or married.
It's scary when I'm on a tram and the two girls next to me - who look barely out of high school - are discussing honeymoon plans.
It's scary when my aunts and uncles start asking questions at family gatherings like 'So when are YOU going to get yourself a nice boy?'
It's scary when I smile weakly and mumble 'I'm still too young for that' but know that I won't be able to use that as an excuse for much longer.
It's scary when almost everyone around me intends to eventually 'find someone, settle down, have kids', all that jazz.
It's scary when I know that the day will come when I have to announce my intentions NOT to do so to whoever may care to ask, and try to justify my decision without feeling judged as 'abnormal'.
It's scary that that day will come sooner than I think.
It's scary when I realise that my views do not match those of the majority.