Sunday, January 11, 2009

I don't really believe in
New Year resolutions, but perhaps I've got to try this one out:
NEVER DRINK AS MUCH AS LAST NIGHT* AGAIN.
*last night's tally:- a bottle of (alcoholic) pear cider
- 2 glasses of cocktails (raspberry, vodka, red bull)
- 2 shots (vodka and apple, vodka and strawberry)
- a glass of chardonnay
- a shot of whiskey
All this within the space of
4 hours with zero water consumption in between, and
no proper dinner beforehand.
I got home at 3 a.m. Something felt wrong, but I couldn't quite tell what. The next 2 hours I spent curled up in bed alternatively trying to sip water and trying to force myself to sleep. I was neither drunk nor tipsy, but I knew I had overshot my own limit. All that went through my head was:
Shu Min Ho will not die of alcoholic poisoning.Woke up at 11 a.m. perfectly fine and ready for lunch with my dear friends.
The
lesson - in danger of being forgotten.
The
resolution - in danger of being broken.
..signing off..
0 dropped by