the narrator

I am only a little melancholic, a little bit sick of the world, but isn’t everyone like this?

If you feel that I am unfamiliar in a crowd, do not be surprised, that is not the real me

I am still the person you know from before.

by Jimmy Liao

the story

June 2004
August 2004
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
April 2007
May 2007
August 2007
September 2007
January 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
May 2012
June 2012
August 2012
September 2012
October 2012
November 2012
January 2013
February 2013
March 2013
May 2013
June 2013
July 2013
August 2013
January 2014
February 2014
June 2014
September 2014
January 2015
April 2015
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016

the creator

blogger
blogskins
brushes: x
lyrics: big city life by mattafix
#id10tdoc;

Monday, December 08, 2008

...so sue me.

YES I know you're supposed to do these only if you're tagged, but I don't really care. I have to memorise 33 pages of history notes by Friday, and I'm not about to start at 8:45pm on a Monday night. So here goes..*deep breath*..are you ready?


Number 1


1.Have you ever actually sat down and thought about why you like the person you like?
Hell yes. Must figure out if he’s actually ‘worth it’ :p

2. When people say, "Honestly, I don't think I've ever talked shit about anyone" do you think its possible?
Err, no way.

3. How do you feel about gay marriage?
Marriage is marriage is marriage. The question of gender is irrelevant.

4. Is there someone you'd really like to hang out with and just talk about stuff?
No one in particular really. Friends?

5. Is there something that has happened in your past that you really hate talking about?
Yes. And I’m not going to talk about it here.

6. Do you think a lot of people think bad things about you?
No. I’m nice, what.

7. Give me a random lyric from the song you're listening to:
我也明白握紧拳头就能出手
可是张开双手却能拥抱全世界
只是分不分开 无关爱与不爱
闭上眼睛把生命交给掌声主宰

(Rough Trans:
I understand that I can strike out if I clench my fists
But open my arms and I can hug the entire world
Whether to leave or not to leave has nothing to do with whether to love or not to love
Close my eyes and hand my life over to be decided by the applause’

8. Do you think you're approachable?
No. I’ve been told my face looks like a black storm cloud, even when I’m not feeling particularly angry. Ouch ><

10. Do you regret doing anything this week?
Yes. Forgetting to ask for a less spicy version of Malaysian prawn noodles for poor Nozomi who ended up nearly dying from the chilli.

11. Name something you wouldn't want to buy that’s been used.
Almost everything (especially those that are hygiene-related) except things like books, CDs, or DVDs.

12. When did you last cry?
I honestly cannot remember. Although I do tear up frequently because I have dry eyes. If that counts as ‘crying’ the last episode was yesterday.

13. How late did you stay up last night?
3:45am. It was a Saturday night.

14. Has someone of the opposite sex ever told you they loved you?
No. Any volunteers?

15. What do you think of the most when you are alone?
Anything that has happened / is happening / or will happen to or around me.

16. Suppose you see your crush kissing someone else?
“I knew it…”

17. What would you do if a teacher of the opposite sex hit on you?
Totally miss it because no way would that be possible.

18. Would you ever become a vegetarian or even vegan?
Only if forced to.

19. Do you like your school?
So what if I do? So what if I don’t? It’s not a matter of liking or not, I’m here and am going to stay put until I graduate. I must say that although you will hear me gripe a lot about the massive concrete and glass edifice that is the Melbourne Law School, I do appreciate its newness and shininess.

20. What do you think of people who hate vegetarians?
Why would anyone hate someone for such an inane reason?

21. Are you a flirt?
No, and glad of it.

22. Would you rather have jet black hair or cherry red hair?
I HAVE black hair. Although jet black with blood red or violet highlights would be extremely cool.

23. Do you make sexual innuendos about everything?
No, my brain is too slow to come up with something like that.

25. What song are you listening to?
Over… by 12012.

26. Have you ever held hands?
Yes.

27. When was the last time that you went swimming, where and with who?
Can’t remember. Too long ago....

28. If you need a new pair of jeans, what store do you go to first?
The one nearest to me that looks decent.

30. Does talking about sex make you uncomfortable?
Not unless it involves minute details about the sex lives of people I know.

32. Did you ever lose a best friend?
Drifted apart yes, but not through the fault of either of us.

33. Have you ever gotten mad because somebody said they'd call you and they didn't?
Yes. Because I usually end up waiting and worrying like an idiot.

34. Have you ever met a real life prostitute?
Possibly walked past several.

35. Have you ever kissed in the rain?
No. What’s up with this question?

36. Can you do push-ups?
Can’t say I’ve tried to. Very likely no.

38. Do you have a car?
No. Don’t have a license, don’t even know how to drive.

40. Are you single?
Yes.

41. What's your favourite animal?
Humans to be pedantic. In terms of pets, none.

42. What's on your mind?
Whether to eat the last pack of oatcakes or not.

43. Favourite football team?
Arsenal, for the sake of my brothers’ sanity.

44. Who is the last person you texted?
Nozomi. To see if she got home okay.

45. What colour are your eyes?
Dark brown, like all Chinese people.

46. Where is your phone?
Desk. Right next to me.

47. What is your 15th message in your inbox & who is it from?
Ah. Now I get the point of the last question. Vincent, asking which ballet I was going to.

48. What were you thinking about when you fell asleep last night?
Whether Nozomi got home safely.

49. What are you excited for?
Obviously anything good that’s happening to me or those around me.

50. What are you doing for your next break?
Heading off to London and Paris with friends. WOOOOOOOOOO~

51. What's your biggest fear?
I’d have to provide the standard answer – dying.

52. Does your family get family portraits done?
Haven’t yet, although I think Dad talked about getting one.

53. What did you do today?
Got up. Read a book by Steve Martin (yes yes the actor, and he happens to be a very good novelist) that Carol lent me. Got a haircut (which I’m SUPER pleased with!). Bought a pie for 1.40p on the way home (cheap). Went to the library and printed off 33 pages of history notes. GAH!!!!!

54. Are you mad at anyone?
No. Although I get annoyed with myself at times for being stupid.

55. Annoyed with anyone?
See above.


Another one
(So I like answering pointless questions…)

  1. What time did you get up this morning? 12pm, but I lounged in bed until 1pm. What, it’s a Sunday.
  2. Favourite time of the day? When I’m alone with music streaming through headphones and a hot cup of tea.
  3. Usual bedtime? 2am
  4. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Hana Yori Dango Final in Singapore. With subtitles, as opposed to the 2nd last film I saw which was the Hana Yori Dango Final in Japan.
  5. Favourite movie of all time? None in particular.
  6. What is your favourite TV show? Law and Order: Criminal Intent. I’m rather fickle minded though.
  7. What books are you reading? I just finished reading ‘The Pleasure of My Company’ by Steve Martin. Not reading anything else. In my defence I’ve just read Villette (Charlotte Bronte), The Great Gatsby (F. Scott Fitzgerald), If Nobody Speaks of Remarkable Things (Jon McGregor), Knots & Crosses (Ian Rankin) and 目送龙应台all within the space of a month so I think I deserve a break.
  8. What is your favourite cuisine? Anything that tastes good, I don’t limit myself.
  9. What foods do you dislike? So far the only thing I haven’t been able to stomach is duck’s tongue.
  10. What is your favourite chip flavour? Red Rock Deli’s Honey Soy Chicken. And I like vegetable chips too, especially the mushroom ones…yum.
  11. Whats the last thing you ate? A pack of ginger oatcakes.
  12. If you can eat anything you want right now, what would it be? Pork knuckle stew – the kind with peanuts, dried chilli, and preserved vegetables.
  13. What is your favourite CD at the moment? Don't really have one
  14. What is your most embarrassing CD? Definitely Pete Andre. I’m planning to smash it into bits.
  15. Favourite item of clothing? My shiny pointy boots.
  16. What do you first notice about someone? Smile and scent.
  17. The current friend you have known the longest? Xin Ying my childhood friend whom I’ve known since I was a baby (and potentially before we were born because our moms are close friends).
  18. Full names of your potential kids? I'm not planning on having kids.
  19. What characteristics do you despise? Deliberate cruelty.
  20. What are you meant to be doing now? Nothing in particular. Trying to wring out the last few hours of freedom before impending doom.
  21. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Bora Bora.
  22. How many countries have you visited? Around 10. Malaysia, Singapore, China, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, USA, Mexico, Japan, UK.
  23. In how many cities have you lived? I think 8 or so.
  24. Where would you retire to? This question is way too premature. I haven’t even started working yet.
  25. What colour is your bathroom? Yellow walls, red floor. I live in university accommodation so I have no say whatsoever in those colours.
  26. Favourite flower? I am not too familiar with flowers. Honestly don’t care.
  27. Last person you talked to on the phone? Chiau Lin, trying to figure out why she was messaging me at 3:00am.
  28. What was your favourite toy as a child? I don’t do toys.
  29. What did you want to be when you were little? It ranged from being a carpenter (ha) to more conventional jobs like teacher, artist, writer, scientist…
  30. What is under your bed? A parade of shoes. I don’t have a shoe rack, what.

Now that I've went through all this trouble to inundate you with useless information about myself that you don't need to know, next time I see you I will quiz you on it so my efforts don't go to waste.

Beware.

..signing off..

1 dropped by