Definitely have un peu feeling that I'm getting (mind you, just slightly) ‘drifty’ lately.
I was ambitious once, determined not to be like everyone else. (how amusing it is now) Determined to accomplish things wonderful and grand and retire early with wealth and prestigate to rival the world.
(told you I was ambitious)
And now... hey little girl, you did ask too much of yourself. You should have known better. Not all were meant to be heroes after all.
(So where was I?)
Ah yes… The story goes on, and trudge along it will, to a mediocre ending. Those along for the ride will find no ripples, no thrills, just one straight river till The End.
Apathy, summed up succinctly by the expression ‘Meh’. Be that how I pass my days. And why should I wish for anything different? Studies, good. Work, good. Friends, good. Have I more to ask for?
(I see you raising your eyebrows.)
So you disapprove? Life’s more than conformity? More than good food and good salary? Are you sure?
Tell you what I want:
A big inner-city penthouse with dizzying views through floor length windows,; a ridiculously expensive leather-seated sports car that I hardly ever use; a massive walk-in wardrobe lined with the most gorgeous of clothes (and shoes, oh the shoes); exquisite cuisine with the finest wine or champagne every night; a prestigious, and satisfying job that takes care of my every whim and luxury; a close group of friends to hang out with in the most chic of scenes. And I really will die happy (but not until I’ve thoroughly thoroughly enjoyed and wasted myself away first).
Things wonderful and grand? No. Shallow and materialistic? Definitely.
And why not, I ask you, why not?