the narrator

I am only a little melancholic, a little bit sick of the world, but isn’t everyone like this?

If you feel that I am unfamiliar in a crowd, do not be surprised, that is not the real me

I am still the person you know from before.

by Jimmy Liao

the story

June 2004
August 2004
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
April 2007
May 2007
August 2007
September 2007
January 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
May 2012
June 2012
August 2012
September 2012
October 2012
November 2012
January 2013
February 2013
March 2013
May 2013
June 2013
July 2013
August 2013
January 2014
February 2014
June 2014
September 2014
January 2015
April 2015
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016

the creator

blogger
blogskins
brushes: x
lyrics: big city life by mattafix
#id10tdoc;

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

At lunch today, when I was quite (un)happily munching through my egg-tuna-ham-lettuce sandwich, one of my friends reminded me that I had a blog. The exchange went something like this:

K: Hey Shu, how come you haven't updated your blog for so long?
S (momentarily stupefied): Blog?
K: Erm, the one on msn spaces?
S (blink blink): Oh...that...... yeah...
K: Okay, loser, if even YOU forgot I'm not going to read it anymore.

So now that my reader base has decreased astronomically by one, I thought I should add an entry or 2 to keep it alive. Thing is I have an awesomely shocking memory for things that actually happen in my life (I can memorise formulas, facts, dates, no problem, its just the other...more important...things that I have extreme difficulty with).

So all I can tell you at the moment is that today is extremely hot (30 deg cel), my lunch invovled a sandwich and South Lawn, certain law lecturers relish (me thinks too much) opportunities to talk about students dying, and fruit juggling. I really would like to say more, but aside from making stuff up I can have nothing more to add :( Gah! Bloody annoying, my stupid stupid memory.

Maybe I should lug a notepad around and jot down things that I see and hear. There are definitely conversations that I want to remember, ridiculous antics that I want to tell others about, nice cafes and bars that I would like to take my friends to. Anything, anything at all will be better than the blank stare that greets anyone who by now still hadn't realised that I have nothing more than a blank stare to offer when they ask me how my day had been. Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry a million times over.

Anyone has any tips for improving memory? I've tried gingko bilobia bibolia bilabong whatever that word is, various kinds of herbs and vitamins, sleeping enough, many many things, but its not helping. :( :( :( What to do? Maybe I am just doomed to forget... Ergh.

..signing off..

0 dropped by