Tuesday, September 12, 2006
My days have for the past couple weeks consisted of the following:
Phase 1: Wake up. Shower. Breakfast.
Phase 2: Uni (1 or 2 hour lectures)
Phase 3: Back to IH. Lunch. Sleep.
Phase 4: Uni (1 or 2 hour lectures)
Phase 5: Back to IH. Sleep.
Phase 6: Dinner. 1 or 2 hour homework
Phase 7: Sleep.
So, notice anything interesting? (Hint: It starts with an 's')
Sleeping is not a crime. No one has ever said that sleeping is a crime. No rule, statute, or legislation prohibits sleeping. It is highly unlikely that you will be thrown into jail for sleeping. Nowhere is sleeping unlawful, unless, of course, you happen to be driving a car of flying a plane or something like that (in which case, remember that even microsleep KILLS!)
But surely sleeping too much is?
Ahh... the extreme lethargy that accompanies every waking moment made bearable by the perfect bliss of a deep dreamless sleep... It took such effort to drag myself out of bed to go to my tute today - you cannot even begin to imagine how close I was to succumbing to the cozy warmth of my bed - and that only accomplished by the threat of not making the 70% threshold requirement needed to pass the subject. Crikey, what have I become? What happened to the kid who always had perfect attendance at school? *Hangs head in shame*
Sleep
sLeep
slEep
sleEp
sleeP
Oh yeah I'm obsessed. Addicted. Hooked. Sucked in so deep it is impossible to find a way out of this spiraling votex. It's part of me now, and there would be nothing worth living for if I am denied it - the world could disintegrate and I could care less. I could care LESS.
At least its better than crystal meth (for more discussion see Farrago) or some equally brain-stupefying drug hey?
..signing off..
0 dropped by