Tuesday, August 08, 2006
I lost today. Round 2 of Witness Examination. Eugenie and I gave it a go but we were ultimately under-prepared and out-mastered. Sigh...
I do not like to lose (come on, seriously, who does?). On one hand I welcome it, even deserved it, because I've been floating in fluffy pink candyfloss-like clouds for a bit too long now, taking things too much for granted. On the other hand, well, I do NOT like to lose. All the same, it was a 'good lose' (sorta like a 'good win' without the winning bit ^_^). So... yep, the conclusion is, next time I won't be beaten so easily! Hehe watch out guys!
Last night I went to the Jason Mraz concert at The Prince Bandroom, and it was crazily, brilliantly, indescribably amazing! Mr. A-Z is such a talented performer!!!!!!!!!!!! (I cannot stress this enough, hence the overabundance of exclamation marks!) Funny, with incredibly super and flexible and dexterous and pure and beautiful vocal chords, and amazing 'guitarring' technique and expertise... Can I gush with any more admiration? (I've emptied my sachet of 'praise' vocabularly on him.)
Sure, standing on heels in a sickly warm room trying to squint through the sea of heads in front of me for 3 hours straight is perhaps not the most pleasant experience in the world, but the person I am trying to squint at makes anything worthwhile! Seriously guys, if you ever have a chance to watch him live (he's good on recordings, but totally out-of-the-world as a live performer), WATCH no matter the price! DO NOT HESITATE!!! (And I really should be getting commission or something by such fervent advertising).
The downside (okay, downsides) to the above-mentioned magical night is:
1) freezing in the deserted streets of Melbourne city on a cold Monday night
2) singing stupid christmas songs in an effort to feel less cold (don't ask, seemed like a good idea at that time)
3) smelling like I've just escaped from a burning building after emerging from the club
4) total and irrevocable lost of sleep
5) total inability to roll out of bed
6) the missing of breakfast, and consequently, lunch the next day
7) the missing of lectures (bad bad bad...)
8) the no-time-to-memorise-facts-for-Witness-Examination-competition (A witness who doesn't know what happened sure appears convincing in court)
9) the almost-not-turning-up-to-competition-on-time-and-the-accompanying-stress
10) the incredibly debilitating mental fogginess and 'huh what happened-ness'
...which culminates in
losing.
Hehe, yah, so it seems like it was my fault after all. But hey, it was soooooooooooooooooo worth it!
..signing off..
0 dropped by