the narrator

I am only a little melancholic, a little bit sick of the world, but isn’t everyone like this?

If you feel that I am unfamiliar in a crowd, do not be surprised, that is not the real me

I am still the person you know from before.

by Jimmy Liao

the story

June 2004
August 2004
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
April 2007
May 2007
August 2007
September 2007
January 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
May 2012
June 2012
August 2012
September 2012
October 2012
November 2012
January 2013
February 2013
March 2013
May 2013
June 2013
July 2013
August 2013
January 2014
February 2014
June 2014
September 2014
January 2015
April 2015
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016

the creator

blogger
blogskins
brushes: x
lyrics: big city life by mattafix
#id10tdoc;

Saturday, August 12, 2006

I got into a fight tonight. Over the phone, words and no fists, but a fight nevertheless. I think (notwithstanding random inevitable squibbles with my bros) that I've never actually fought with anyone before. Tonight... I don't know... Wow.

Am sitting in front of the comp with a pair of awesomely bassy headphones on, a block of half-eaten chocolate (my salvation) laying on my desk, and a bottle of vodka (my god) by my side. It feels rather comforting to spend tonight alone like this. But then, if I really thought that, I wouldn't be attempting to reach out to all of you guys in this blog. Damn I'm in a strange mood now. Maybe it's the vodka.

No excuses though, for the fight. We were both in the wrong. He said some horrible things, I said some horribler (excuse the word) things. It is rather funny though (funny now, infuriating then), when we started dredging out things that happened millennias ago ago and pin them on each other ("your stupidity caused all the dinosaurs to become extinct!"). Yeah, I know, bringing dinosaurs into the conversation just doesn't quite cut it.

I hung up. Just to make it end. The lifeless beeps of a deadened line are the harshes sounds in the world, have you ever noticed? I didn't know what to say anymore. So I pulled out the headphones and the chocolate and the vodka. And that is when the regret hits. Hard.

But how to apologise? Everytime I look at the phone I see this frowning goblin holding a sign that says "Why do YOU have to say sorry first? What about HIM?" And my outstreched hand springs back. This has been going on for the whole night. 12 am, 1am, and so forth.
It can go on forever...

... forever is such a very long time....

...

So at the end of the world, the end of time, when the seas drain through monstrous cracks and mountains sink into dark oblivion, I'm still going to be sitting hunched over my desk staring doubtfully at the phone debating with the goblin about whether or not to call. *Insert swear word here* !!!!!! What kind of miserable stuff-up am I? I've certainly been displaying some alarmingly moronic tendencies lately. I need to get a hold of myself. Rambling sure does clear the mind. I'm going to do it more often.

To hell with pride, I'm calling.

..signing off..

0 dropped by