Thursday, May 11, 2006
Finally decided to show some support for my college so I went to the inter-collegiate badminton competition between IH and Trinity today. We had an awesome turnout, with at least a 40 person 'cheer squad' who made a hell lot of noise whenever we won or dropped a point.
And we so totally outshine Trinity in chanting. I mean, what the hell is this -> 'T-R-I-N-I-T-Y! What does it say? TRINITY!' Dude, nice to know you all can spell. And that was the only thing they came up with all night. Boring. Yawn. On the other hand... 'IH is hot to go! H-O-T-T-O-G-O!' 'Deep inside the uni jungle, you can hear the IH rumble! Hoo hah, hoo hah!' We so totally rock!
With such support and superior chanting, we won, of course. It was close, victory being dependent on winning the last set of the last match, and there were certainly no lack of nail-biting moments. Amdist all the roaring and thumping and clapping and cheering we clinched the trophy. Congrats to all players on their roof-raising performance. Trinity played very well, but there is no denying that 'We are the champions!'
Celebration was in order, so my friends and I tracked down to Max Brenner's and had a massive chocolate orgy. Chocolate cookies, chocolate waffles with strawberry fondue, chocolate brownies, chocolate frappes, chocolate-toffee blends, hot chocolate... oooh yeah that's what I'm talking about...although poor Courtney felt slightly sick after all that binging. Worth it though, hey?
..signing off..
0 dropped by