Aiks (as my dear friends use to say), exams are coming! Argh (as I use to say), why so soon? Seems like only 3 months ago that I trudged into my new home with an overloaded suitcase, slightly nervous and excited about beginning a whole new phase of life (or so they say)... ...wait... it really was 3 months ago. Like I said, waaaaaaaaaay too soon.
SWOTVAC (no idea what that stands for) officially starts next week - no matter what some people seem to think, study week does not start today because I have never come across a week that starts on a Friday. But as far as I can tell many people have already switched into intense studying mode.
Typical dinner conversation:
Stress head 1: 'I'm so stressed.'
Stress head 2: 'Yeah, I know, me too.'
Stress head 1: 'Yeah, tell me about it.'
Stress head 2: 'You know, I'm...really really stressed.'
Stress head 1: 'Yeah, I know, me too.'
Stress heads 1 & 2: 'Yeah.' (While looking really, no, really really stressed.)
Yeah, sigh...See, now they've even got me going.
Can a conversation not revolve around exams for once? What about 'normal' stuff like chocolate, and movies, and soapie tv shows, and chillaxing (bumming around doing nothing...ahh the good old days)?
My room - facing another building (Clunies) full-frontal - unfortunately has 2 gigantic windows that allow me to look into the rooms of people opposite me. (I can't help accidentally looking, can I, when they're right in front of me?) And after 1 particularly crazy night (for me anyway) I wearily reached out my hand to draw the curtains, happened to glance out (unfortuantely), and froze - there was at least 3 other rooms with lights on, people in them, bent over desks studying (no they're not gaming because I can see them flicking through bits of paper). This was at 3am.
Usually I'm not a particularly relaxed person. I do get slightly anxious before exams, though not to the extent of massively freaking out. Still, I'm not feeling the urgency as yet. (Oh yesh it will come...) But still...everyone is - should I be stressing too? Nah, I'm not a sheep with a everyone-says-baaaa-so-I-say-baaaa-too-follow-the-herd mentality. I'm more of a resist-saying-baaaa-like-everyone-else-until-too-late-and-then-go-crazy-baaaaing person. Baaaa....
In order to procrastinate I played 2 hours of table tennis with Kiki/Sookie/Sook. That's just unnatural, because I NEVER engage in any activity that requires any...erm...activeness. (Obiter dictum - sorry for the legal geekiness but that means 'remark made in passing' or something like that - of the day: Never play table tennis in slidy boots. They...err...slide and one tends to end up crashing into and sprawling rather inelegantly over the table.) Ahh ~ the things we do to procrastinate...Like blog, for example, when one seldom blogs...