It's only been two weeks of uni so far, and already I feel as though I've been here for ages. Definitely not good, considering I am stuck here for at least 5 years (provided I pass all my subjects and do not experience burn out or death on the way).
You do the math:
2 weeks = 1 Age
-> 1 week = 1/2 Age
52 x 5 weeks = 260 weeks = 130 Ages
...But how long is an 'Age' anyway?
Okay, so that was useless. Anyway for those who asked I am doing the following subjects in my Arts/Law degree:
Contemporary Ideologies & MOvements (under International Studies)
Arabic 1A & 1A Conversation
Principles of Public Law (no points for guessing which faculty it is under)
Legal Method & Reasoning
So far, the reading is a killer, because I have to understand everything that I read. No it's not required, it's just me. Will have to fix that habit soon because at this rate I'm going to collapse from sheer exhaustion or go blind, whichever comes first. (touch wood...knock knock knock) Actually it's not even that much because I still bum around for hours every day, but when I actually do work, the concentration/effort required is so intense that it's scary...
Interesting fact of yesterday:
My LMR tutor suddenly developed a sense of humour, of the absurdly random kind that you normally would not expect from an impeccably lawyer-ly guy always wearing an impeccable lawyer-ly suit.
Do not blame me for being surprised! His first 2 turtorials were informative, but boring nonetheless. Yesterday, however, he started expounding about an (imagined) 'Dog Act' dealing with the...erm..."indiscretions" (as he politely put it...man I cannot do it justice but it is funny) that dogs invariably committ, and suddenly decided to set up a 'gossip session' right in the middle of class, we were all ready to interrogate him with "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO OUR TUTOR?" But he's still the same guy...and hopefully he will stay funny.
Well I think I'd better end this and go, because I'm typing this in the Legal Resource Centre (the law library for those not in the know), and everyone else is studying! To the point that I feel guilty because I'm not. And it's so quiet that the "click click click" of my keys are louder than thunder. Eek. I'm starting to feel scared...
So long, fellas! I'm outta here!