Ahh... I think I might be in love...with Patrick Dempsey, aka McDreamy...mmm...*swoon*
Okay now that I've got that out of my system, let's get back to the 'serious-er' side of things, let's talk about Patrick Dempsey, no, I mean...err...ahem...other more serious things.
Ran into an 'old' friend today, went out for coffee...Somewhere between the macchiato and the cheesecake he asked me what I want to study in uni and I said, very decisively, "umm...law?" And you know what, the guy nearly choked on his cappucino. I mean, what the hell, what is wrong with people? I know I'm quiet and don't talk much and etc. but who says I can't be a good lawyer?
Well, he apologised very nicely after he finally got over that coughing fit so I forgave him, but for the sake of my sanity, I will clarify things here. So here goes:
Why I want to be a lawyer and why you shouldn't be so surprised at my wanting to become a lawyer.
Yes I know I've had some pretty ridiculous ambitions at times, ranging from wanting to be a carpenter (yeah, like hell I can manage that) to wanting to be a scientist (moi? what was I thinking? I mean, I don't even like science...), but this 'lawyer' thing, this isn't a passing fad. I've thought it through very very thoroughly.
I want to study law because I want to become a corporate lawyer, and eventually set up my own business. Law will give me that expertise and know-how, and the company I set up will be truly unique - like no other. My dad's always telling me these stories, about how he's disappointed at the lack of 'humanity' in the corporate/business world, and how he wants to change that - teach people that business is not just about the money. Well, I want to do the same, and my company will devote a portion of its profits to help people...and I mean that in a general way. Whatever, whoever I deem in need of money, I will give them exactly just that. And not just money, support as well, show them that there is hope yet in the world, give them the courage to...
There I go with the theatrics again...It is very easy to get carried away and lapse into grandiose, 'heroic' statements, but trust me, I am not into that kind of stuff. I know exactly how hard it is going to be to achieve my goal, and I have questioned myself extensively about my choice ("you think you can do it? you?") and I have come up with an answer: simply, yes. Yes I can. Yes I will. Yes I have to work hard, but I can work hard.
There, people...Understand now? And so, haha...law...Here I come!!!